This years tournament, sponsored by The Property Line and Currencies Direct, took place on Saturday 23rd June at Amarilla Golf.
It started at midday with a 10 minute interval in between each teams tee-off time, in a Texas Scramble format in teams of four.
After a hard fought tournament our winners received their trophies from Peter Loveday of Currencies Direct and Gill Tighe of Property Line.......
(Full report and more pics to follow)
|More about the course: Amarilla Golf:
The designer of the course, Donald Steel, was able to take advantage
of the beautiful contrasts of the island to achieve a varied course between
ravines and the Atlantic Coast. From the first tee, the player discovers
the spectacular ocean views. Te most impressive part of the course reaches
its peak at the 5th hole. This is truly a gem for golf lovers, where the
sea become a fairway, making it necessary to cross it in order to reach
The facilities include: driving range, putting green, pro-shop, equestrian
centre and Club House with tennis court, swimming pool, bar and restaurant.
It was inaugurated in 1989, and one year later Amarilla Golf hosted the
second edition of the Tenerife Open, which is part of the European P.G.A.
Manager – Patricia Tavio
Design – Donald Steel
Par – 72
Slope Value – White – 129, Yellow – 125, Red – 124
Inauguration – 1989
Map of the course:
- Red stakes lateral water hazard (*)
- White stakes out of bounds (*)
- Yellow stakes water hazard (*)
- Blue stakes/white lines ground under repair (*)
(*) Rules of golf apply
2. Any ball landing in a flower bed, not in a hazard, free drop not nearer the hole.
3. Any ball lying on piconed areas 1st, 4th, 6th, 8th and 15th, to be played as playable rough.
4. Any ball lying on a bare patch on a fairway in the rough inside the marker stakes maybe dropped at the nearest point of relief not nearer the hole. No penalty.
5. All balls landing in areas where work is in progress on the 11th and 12th to be dropped at the nearest point of relief not nearer the hole. Free of penalty.
6. A ball stopped or deflected by the post or nets on the 15th tee may be replayed free of penalty.
7. Stones can be removed from bunkers if doing so does not affect the ball.
Texas Scramble Format and Rules:
1. All team players tee off as normal.
2. The most favourably positioned tee is then chosen by the team captain and the ball lies where it is.
3. The rest of the team then drop their balls to land no further than two club lengths away from the chosen ball, and then played as normal.
Then, the most favourably positioned shot is chosen again, and so on, until the ball is holed.
4. Each team member must use at least three of their tee shots during the round.
If at the end of the competition two or more teams have the same score, the winners shall be decided by counting back the last nine holes played, and the team with the lowest score will win.
If it is still a draw, then the first nine holes will be counted back to decide a winner.
If it is still a draw, then a sudden death hole by hole matchplay system will take place. The first team to win a hole outright will then be deemed as winners of the competition.
Holes 2, 5, 9, 11, 14 and 18 shall be marshalled by staff of Oasis Fm and all measurements will be done by these marshals.
All players must wear sponsored team shirts with shorts or trousers and soft soled shoes or golf shoes. (no metal spikes)
Refreshments During Play
The marshals employed by the golf course shall be on the course with supplies of drinks, chocolate, crisps etc.